Some rather old gags from the days when gay men were called queers and you wouldn’t have let them near a child, let alone allowed them to adopt one! Explanations for today’s audience, where needed.
Did you hear about…
- …the queer dog? He preferred his Pal to his Lassie1.
- …the two queer judges? They tried each other.
- …the two queer cowboys?
- …the queer Irishman? He was a Pat on the back.
- …the two queer Irishmen? Gerald Fitzpatrick and Patric Fitzgerald.
- …the two queer Scotsmen? Ben Doon and Phil McCavity.
- …the two queer ghosts? Liked putting the willies up each other.
- …the queer Mexican? Wouldn’t let a day go by…
- …the queer aborigine? Left his wife in the bush and went back to Sydney.
- …the queer butcher? Put his meat up a couple of coppers2.
- …the queer frog? He liked being on a toadstool.
1. Pal and Lassie are brands of dog food. Not sure if they’re still available.
2. ‘Copper’ = Policeman or pre-decimalisation term for copper coins. I’ll leave ‘meat’ to your imagination.